SmartEtailing, founded in 1999, provides comprehensive website and marketing solutions for North American specialty bicycle retailers that drive sales and increase profits. With SmartEtailing, a bike shop's website is transformed from a passive advertisement to an interactive content-rich marketing vehicle that informs and sells to customers. SmartEtailing is committed to the business success of local specialty bicycle retailers, and their partner suppliers, by providing tools that help them effectively compete in an evolving retail environment.
SmartEtailing offers a small office work environment located in Boulder, CO with a creative and casual atmosphere, compelling work and accountable peers. All clients are in the bicycle industry, so work days are fun and interesting.
Qualified candidates must possess a proven track record of professionalism, accountability, organization and proactive communication. Applicants should possess an entrepreneurial spirit, have a passion for excellent service and have an unyielding commitment to continuous learning. A positive and friendly outlook is mandatory and an appreciation for cycling, fitness or outdoor sports is a plus.
SmartEtailing is seeking a talented Excel expert with some bicycle knowledge to play an important role in data management tasks related to our cycling content and cycling retail location data. Prior work with a content management system is a plus.
Primary responsibility is product data compilation and entry into our master catalog of cycling content, manipulating spreadsheets of bicycle and aftermarket product descriptions, specifications, and pricing in accordance with SmartEtailing's online catalog. This catalog of cycling products is the backbone of the SmartEtailing ecosystem, which supports over 1,000 independent bicycle retailers in North America. Other duties include image tagging, basic Photoshop work as needed and store location list management and quality control review.
The Data Entry Specialist (DES) position is a part of the Content Department and reports to the Lead Product Entry & Training Coordinator, who reports to the Content Manager. The Data Entry Specialist has no direct reports. This position will be located in the company’s Boulder, CO, office.
Job Tasks, Responsibilities, Accountabilities:
- Sets up the framework for items in SmartEtailing’s online Catalog by importing manufacturer product information spreadsheets into our Catalog Loader tool.
- Cleans up spreadsheets that don’t conform to our standards, via formulas and data/text manipulation.
- When data does not conform to SmartEtailing standards, works with Supplier Relationship Manager to aid in dialogue with brands to ensure their products are as accurately represented as possible.
- When data is incomplete, performs manual data entry of product information, including specs, prices, images, and part numbers and UPCs.
- Quickly learns SmartEtailing’s proprietary content management system.
- Updates records in CRM and other SmartEtailing databases in bulk.
- Performs quarterly updates to existing location database to verify accuracy of non-hosted locations.
- Works with other team members to update existing Catalog items with appropriate attributes.
- Aids in the creation of new attributes in the Catalog where applicable.
This is not a comprehensive list of possible responsibilities, tasks and duties. There are a variety of other data-related duties that will need to be completed on an as needed basis.
*Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge/Skills. Proficient in Microsoft Excel/spreadsheets, solid understanding of bicycle retail product knowledge, Internet technologies and content management (data entry) systems, basic Photoshop skills a plus.
- Abilities. exceptional attention to detail, ability to stay focused in repetitive tasks
- Experience. data entry experience, customer database, CRM and retail/bike industry experience a plus
- Education. high school graduate, current college students encouraged to apply
- Behavioral Attributes. learn quickly, excellent communication skills, enjoy teamwork, deadline/goal oriented, sweating the details of our technical content/catalog to get everything correct, consistent, mistake-free
All candidates are subject to a pre-employment criminal background check.