Posted by Leatherman on 03/26/2023
Industry Sector: , Action, Bike, Fishing, Fitness, Hunting/Shooting, Lifestyle, Outdoor, Snow, WaterSports
Job Categories: Accounting, Finance
Company Type: Accessories, HardGoods/Equipment, Recreation, Retail
Country: United States
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Job Type: Seasonal Full Time
Salary: $51,000-$65,000 Depending on experience
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Position: General Ledger Accountant
Starting Salary Range Depending On Experience: $51,000-65,000
Shift: Day, Monday - Friday
Responsible for our North America Direct-to-Consumer (ecommerce, Amazon, etc.) financial transactions including cash reconciliation, general ledger postings, sales tax and inventory analysis. They may also assist with other accounting tasks and provide support to a fast paced, team oriented, accounting department.
- Perform daily bank reconciliation and validate against accounts receivable cash receipts and accounts payable disbursements for bank reconciliation.
- Update cash worksheets and posting of all cash receipts.
- Responsible for data integration; download of third party payment transactions for Direct-to-Consumer business, validate, and migrate data for upload into our ERP system through general ledger posting.
- Reconciles Direct-to-Consumer payments against bank cash deposits.
- Develop ways to manage large volumes of data and streamline the order to cash process.
- Prepare EFT payments for general ledger postings.
- Analyze and reconcile sales tax and GST related GL liability accounts against Avalara tax filings in a timely, accurate and efficient manner and prepare related adjustments to those account.
- Prepare audit schedules and support documentation for sales tax accounts.
- Support federal, state, and provincial sales tax audits. Research and resolve tax notices, as needed.
- Contribute to and improve the reconciliation processes.
- Perform other accounting related tasks and duties as needed.
- Assist Controller with other federal and state issues and projects, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business including general accounting. A combination of applicable work experience and college level course work in accounting may be substituted.
- At least 3+ years of working experience in accounting.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles and control requirements.
- High level of attention to detail, accuracy, and organization skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to effectively problem solve and troubleshoot complex issues.
We care about the Health and Wellbeing of our Employees
Leatherman believes having healthy employees contributes to a healthy and productive workplace and community. While we're all responsible for our own overall health and well-being, Leatherman works toward helping employees make healthy lifestyle choices and changes that improve their health and overall quality of life through its many Health and Wellbeing Resources.
- Free/low cost on-site primary care health center
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Life and disability insurance
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts
- Behavioral health programs
- Pet insurance
- Onsite health coaching
- Lifestyle and fitness programs
- Tuition assistance
- Employee volunteer program
- Generous employee discounts
- Onsite fitness center
- Paid time off
We thrill our consumers with quality, products and service; We care about each other’s well-being; We share ideas, challenge each other and do the right thing; We respect each other, show humility and grow from our failures; We foster the development of individuals to reach their greatest potential.
We create innovative products that prepare people for the expected and unexpected and result in real tales of triumph.
Our vision is to be the global multipurpose brand of choice.
Pre-employment background check and drug screening is required. Leatherman Is An Equal Opportunity Employer.