Account Manager - Polartec (Remote)
Posted by Polartec on 03/21/2023
Industry Sector: Action, Bike, Fishing, Fitness, Hunting/Shooting, Lifestyle, Outdoor, Snow
Job Categories: Account Executive/Rep, Materials, Sales - Company Rep & Support
Company Type: Accessories, Apparel/SoftGoods, HardGoods/Equipment
City: East Coast
Country: United States
Required Experience: 5 - 7 years
Contact Name: Diana Hansen
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Starting $75,000
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: Yes
Job Seeker Must Live Within: Telecommute
Job Description & Requirements
Account Manager (Remote -East Coast) at Polartec plans and is accountable for both the management and execution of all activities related to account development, management, and maintenance for our Eastern Canada, Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and Southeast Regions. Activities include, but are not limited to: planning and organizing go-to-market strategies to identify, develop, and service commercial relationships with present and potential customers, while partnering with internal departments to support customer relationships in accordance with assigned revenue, margin, and company-based objectives.
- Team Player who enjoys fast-paced working environment.
- Identify opportunities to meet annual sales and profit goals.
- Plan and execute successful go-to-market activities in conjunction with Product Management, Product Development, Marketing and Customer Service.
- Maintain unrivaled knowledge of territory, customer line plans, Polartec product line, and overall competitive dynamics within assigned market(s).
- Provide market and customer insight to product creation process.
- Prepare accurate and detailed forecasts based on Key Account Plans and provide timely updates throughout the selling cycle, while working with order administration to analyze and understand any discrepancies and/or adjustments.
- Submit accurate and timely reports of sales activity, customer service issues, and follow through on assigned initiatives.
- Partners with internal Operational, Product Management, and Product Development departments to drive customer satisfaction, increased communication, and organization success within the scope of the sales relationship.
- Attends sales meetings and trade shows; makes effective presentations to customers and colleagues.
- Works collaboratively to both provide leadership to and learn from other Sales Representatives and Account Managers in other existing territories.
- Performs other duties as required or directed.
QUALIFICATIONS - REQUIRED
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, or related field or equivalent.
- 5 -8 years of related sales experience preferably within Textile/Apparel Sales.
- Travel within North America required 35/40%.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States and hold a valid passport.
OTHER SKILLS/DESIRED ATTRIBUTES:
- Customer centric focused and strong business relationship building.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Strong passion for lifestyle / outdoor activities.
- Strong computer skills, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Established in 1906 as Malden Mills, Polartec is the premium provider of innovative textile solutions. Since inventing modern synthetic fleece in 1981, our engineers have advanced the science of fabric, creating fabric technologies that solve problems and improve the way products are designed and used. Our products range from lightweight wicking and cooling fabrics, to insulation and weather protection textiles, and are utilized by leading consumer brands, the U.S. Military and other global militaries, flame resistant, workwear, and contract upholstery markets.