GL Staff Accountant
Posted by Leatherman on 03/14/2023
Industry Sector: , Action, Bike, Fishing, Fitness, Hunting/Shooting, Lifestyle, Outdoor, Snow, WaterSports
Job Categories: Accounting, Finance
Company Type: Accessories, HardGoods/Equipment, Recreation, Retail
Country: United States
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Our GL Staff Accountant will be responsible for our North America Direct-to-Consumer (ecommerce, Amazon, etc.) financial transactions including cash reconciliation, general ledger postings, sales tax and inventory analysis. They may also assist with other accounting tasks and provide support to a fast paced, team oriented, accounting department.
- Perform daily bank reconciliation and validate against accounts receivable cash receipts and accounts payable disbursements for bank reconciliation.
- Update cash worksheets and posting of all cash receipts.
- Responsible for data integration; download of third party payment transactions for Direct-to-Consumer business, validate, and migrate data for upload into our ERP system through general ledger posting.
- Reconciles Direct-to-Consumer payments against bank cash deposits.
- Develop ways to manage large volumes of data and streamline the order to cash process.
- Prepare EFT payments for general ledger postings.
- Analyze and reconcile sales tax and GST related GL liability accounts against Avalara tax filings in a timely, accurate and efficient manner and prepare related adjustments to those account.
- Prepare audit schedules and support documentation for sales tax accounts.
- Support federal, state, and provincial sales tax audits. Research and resolve tax notices, as needed.
- Contribute to and improve the reconciliation processes.
- Perform other accounting related tasks and duties as needed.
- Assist Controller with other federal and state issues and projects, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business including general accounting. A combination of applicable work experience and college level course work in accounting may be substituted.
- At least 3+ years of working experience in accounting.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles and control requirements.
- High level of experience in Excel and/or Microsoft Access.
- Work experience using ERP, Microsoft Dynamics AX a plus.
We care about the Health and Wellbeing of our Employees
Leatherman believes having healthy employees contributes to a healthy and productive workplace and community. While we're all responsible for our own overall health and well-being, Leatherman works toward helping employees make healthy lifestyle choices and changes that improve their health and overall quality of life through its many Health and Wellbeing Resources.
- Free/low cost on-site primary care health center
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Life and disability insurance
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts
- Behavioral health programs
- Pet insurance
- Onsite health coaching
- Lifestyle and fitness programs
- Tuition assistance
- Employee volunteer program
- Generous employee discounts
- Onsite fitness center
- Paid time off