Posted by Leatherman on 11/26/2022
Industry Sector: , Action, Bike, Fishing, Fitness, Hunting/Shooting, Lifestyle, Outdoor, Snow, WaterSports
Job Categories: Accounting, Finance
Company Type: Accessories, HardGoods/Equipment, Recreation, Retail
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Follow established policies and procedures to maintain and update accounting records and files. Assist in the administration of accounts receivable and credit determination for a portfolio of high complexity and high impact customers. Responsible for management and reconciliation of open chargebacks, disputes, and short payments on accounts receivable. Post customer payments and process sales invoices. Assist with the month and year-end close, general account reconciliations, payroll processing, and North America Direct-to-Consumer financial transactions as needed.
- Post customer payments and accurately enter deduction status, types, reason codes and comments in Microsoft D365 system along with proper documentation.
- Assist the Credit Manager in gathering information and make decisions regarding credit limits and terms for customers according to company policy.
- Review held open sales orders assessing exposure risk. Communicate to customer service representatives, sales, and customers if further action necessary.
- Independently initiate and follow through on collecting past due balances in both written and verbal form. Some balances may require extensive research and progressive collection techniques.
- Research, determine, and document appropriate backup support and proof of performance for all deduction claims.
- Prepare credit memos.
- Validate that proper credit documentation and reseller certificates have been received for customers.
- Assist in ensuring sales tax compliance and the reconciliation of sales tax and GST related GL liability accounts.
- Prepare audit schedules and supporting documentation for accounts receivable.
- Serve as backup to the Payroll Accountant.
- Assist the Sr. GL Accountant in Direct-to-Customer (Amazon) account reconciliation.
- Support the month and year-end annual close process and review.
- Contribute to and improve accounting processes and documentation across the department.
- Perform general accounting related tasks and duties as needed.
- Payroll backup including audits, billing, reconciliations etc.
- CAPEX, reviewing projects, ensuring correct allocation, accountability with project owners, prepare and distribute reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business including general accounting preferred. A combination of applicable work experience and college level course work in accounting may be substituted.
- Two or moreyears of working experience in accounting.